- 400g fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 300g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 375ml can light and creamy evaporated milk
- 50g baby spinach
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is golden and just cooked through. Add tomatoes and olives. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Place cornflour and 1 tablespoon cold water in a jug. Stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually stir in milk until combined. Add mixture to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce just comes to the boil and thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Add chicken mixture and spinach to pasta. Place over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Serve with bread.
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Donna Boyle
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas