- 1 x 800g can Home Brand Baby Potatoes, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 500g pkt frozen cauliflower
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Massel vegetable stock cubes
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 65g (1/4 cup) sour cream
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
Cheddar & chutney toasts
- 4 slices thick white bread
- 110g (1/3 cup) fruit chutney
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- Step 1Place the potatoes, cauliflower, butter, onion, stock cubes, water and milk in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Step 2Add the sour cream. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to make the cheddar & chutney toasts, preheat grill on high. Toast the bread under grill on both sides. Spread with the chutney. Top with the cheddar. Cook under grill for 1-2 minutes or until the cheddar melts.
- Step 4Ladle soup among serving bowls and sprinkle with chives. Serve with toasts.
Storage tip: Store soup (don’t add chives) in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste