- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 large sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, finely chopped (about 250g)
- 2 cups (500ml) full-cream milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) thickened cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed, coarsely chopped (about 170g)
- 250g pkt Coles Large Instant Lasagne Sheets
- 225g mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan, finely grated (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 175C (155C fan-forced). Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add butter. Stir until melted. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Sauté for 5 mins or until onion is just tender. Add cauliflower. Cook, stirring, for 6 mins or until softened. Add milk and cream and simmer for 5 mins or until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat and discard thyme. Allow the cauliflower mixture to cool slightly. Carefully place in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season cauliflower mixture generously with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Wipe frying pan clean. Heat over medium-high heat. Add oil and kale. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until kale is wilted and tender. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Step 3Spread 3/4 cup of the cauliflower cream over the base of a 24cm x 18cm x 5cm baking dish. Place a layer of lasagne sheets over sauce, breaking to fit (don’t worry if there’s space around sheets – they expand as they cook). Place one-third of the kale on top. Spoon ¾ cup of the cauliflower cream over kale and sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella. Repeat layers twice with lasagne sheets, kale, cauliflower cream and mozzarella. Top with remaining lasagne sheets. Cover with remaining 1 1/4 cups of cauliflower cream.
- Step 4Cover baking dish with foil. Place on a baking tray and bake for 45 mins or until lasagne is heated through (the tip of a knife inserted into centre of lasagne for 10 secs should feel hot to the touch) and lasagne sheets are softened.
- Step 5Preheat grill on high. Remove foil and sprinkle with parmesan. Cook for 2-3 mins or until golden brown. Set aside for 15 mins to cool before serving.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Make it ahead: Bake lasagne up to 1 day ahead, then cover and refrigerate. To reheat, cover with foil and bake at 150C for 20 mins or until heated through.
- Author: Curtis Stone
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles