- 375g fettuccine
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 x 125g pkts weight watchers 98% fat free bacon, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 500g button mushrooms, halved
- 5g reduced-fat dairy spread
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 560ml (2 1/4 cups) skim milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra light thickened cream
- 30g (1/3 cup, lightly packed) coarsely grated reduced-fat cheddar
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan shaved parmesan, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Add the broccolini in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and mushroom and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 3Melt the spread in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until combined. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk and cream until combined. Place the mixture over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Add cheddar and shredded parmesan. Stir until melted.
- Step 4Add the pasta mixture and bacon mixture to pan and stir until combined. Divide pasta among serving bowls. Season with salt and pepper and top with shaved parmesan.
- Low fat
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste