- 500g packet potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g rindless shortcut bacon, chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 375ml can light and creamy evaporated milk
- Shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Step 1Cook gnocchi in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, adding peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking time or until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mushroom. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add milk. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Step 3Add gnocchi to bacon mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into bowls. Top with parmesan. Serve.
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas