Author Notes: This creamy dip is rich and delicious with just the right amount of kick. I travel a lot for work and one day while standing on line at an airport in Northern California I was chatting with a gal about spicy foods and she said she liked to mix habaneros with mascarpone and cream cheese to make a dip. At that time, I had never worked with habaneros before and quite frankly they scared me. Well, actually they scared..and tempted me. I couldn’t stop thinking about them and as soon as I got back home, I decided to whip up an artichoke dip with my new friend, the habanero. This dip is amazing and a great party dip – whether you’re watching football and serve it with chips or toasted pita points, or you’re entertaining guests for an elegant holiday party and serve it with crostini – this dip is a huge hit. – The Enchanted Cook —The Enchanted Cook
Creamy Artichoke Habanero DipPrint Recipe
- Marinate Habaneros
- 1 fresh habanero pepper, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, rough chopped
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- Make the Dip
- 4 ounces organic cream cheese
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced marinated habanero peppers
- 1 7.5-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and rough-chopped, liquid reserved
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon good mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon reserved liquid from marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- chopped fresh chives to garnish
Place sliced habanero, garlic, and salt in a small bowl and cover with vinegar. Cover bowl and allow to marinate on counter top for 24 hours or up to 3 days.
Remove the habaneros from the marinade and mince. The remaining vinegar mixture will be hot and you may wish to reserve it to sprinkle on steamed spinach or other greens.
Make the Dip
Oven 350 degrees F.
Mix all the ingredients (except the chives) together then place in a small-medium baking dish and spread evenly. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until hot, bubbly and lightly browned.
Serve hot straight from the oven. Garnish with fresh chives and serve with fresh veggies, crostini, tortilla chips, sliced French bread, or toasted pita points. Or just grab a spoon and dig in.
This recipe is a Community Pick!
This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip