- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 750g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup pouring cream or creme fraiche
- Step 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 7 minutes or until very soft.
- Step 2Add coriander, cumin and chilli flakes. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower, stock and water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Step 3Blend soup in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in cream. Stir over low heat until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas