- 1kg turkey mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 granny smith apple, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cranberry jelly, melted
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 14cm x 21cm loaf pan. Line with baking paper, leaving a 5cm overhang at both long sides.
- Step 2Using hands, combine turkey, egg, onion, apple, garlic, sage, parsley and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Step 3Brush top with 2 tablespoons cranberry jelly. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Using paper lining, remove from pan. Transfer to a platter. Brush with remaining jelly. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Super saver: We’ved saved you around $43 by making meatloaf instead of using a turkey.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas