Author Notes: The original recipe is from an old cookbook, 1970’s I believe, and it is a very festive, “happy holidays”, type of dessert. Best part of it is that it is only about a 100 calories per cupcake. —Diethood
Makes: 24 cupcakes
can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, in juice
packet (3 oz.) sugar-free raspberry flavor gelatin
packet (3 oz.) sugar-free strawberry flavor gelatin
can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
cup walnuts, ground
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Put the gelatin (just the powder) in a large bowl.
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 2 ½ cups; pour into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the water into the gelatin mix and stir for 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the pineapple, cranberry sauce, nuts, and apples.
- Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove desserts from liners before serving.