- 375g linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 227g tub fresh crab meat (see note)
- 1/2 cup Philadelphia 30% less fat cream for cooking
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add crab, cooking liquid and cream. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add pasta, lemon juice, basil and parsley. Season. Toss to coat. Serve with lemon.
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Fresh crab meat is available in the seafood section of supermarkets and seafood retailers. If unavailable use 16 fresh or frozen peeled green king prawns, halved lengthways.
Prepare in advance: Made Crab, lemon and herb linguine to the end of step 1. Cool completely. Store pasta in a snap-lock bag in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. (Remember to add 1/2 cup boiling water with cream in step 2).
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas