- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, torn in half
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, thickly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Step 1Place lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, basil and parsley in a large bowl. Combine the oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad. Toss to combine. Serve.
Adding fresh herbs to salads gives them a flavour boost, allowing dressings to be simple.
- Author: Amira Georgy
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas