- 3 cobs corn, husks removed
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 120g (1/2 cup) fresh ricotta
- Olive oil, to grease and drizzle
- 3 dried chorizo sausages, cut into 5mm-thick slices on the diagonal
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Step 1Preheat oven to 150C. Holding a corn cob upright in a bowl, cut kernels away from cob. Repeat with remaining cobs. Heat 50g butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add corn, sugar, flour and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until corn is just tender.
- Step 2Process hot corn mixture and ricotta in a food processor until almost smooth, then transfer to a bowl.
- Step 3Line half a roasting pan with paper towel. Preheat a chargrill pan and heat a lightly greased frying pan both over medium heat. Cook chorizo in frying pan, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden on both sides. Transfer to lined side of roasting pan. Keep warm in oven. Meanwhile, drizzle bread with oil, then cook in chargrill pan, in 2 batches, for 1 minute each side. Transfer to other side of roasting pan and keep warm in oven.
- Step 4Lightly beat eggs in a bowl. Heat remaining 50g butter in a non-stick frying pan over low–medium heat. Add eggs, wait for 30 seconds or until mixture starts to set on base, then, using a spatula, fold cooked eggs into uncooked eggs. Continue cooking and folding for 3 minutes or until eggs are almost cooked. Remove from heat, then gently fold in corn mixture.
- Step 5Divide toast among plates, top with scrambled eggs and chorizo, then scatter with chives to serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: MasterChef