- 1 140g jar corn kernels
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 50g rice vermicelli noodles
- 8 (about 60g) snow peas, trimmed, diagonally sliced
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) hot water
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Step 1Combine the corn kernels, water chestnuts, noodles, snow peas, water, vegetable stock and soy sauce in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Step 2Use tongs to place noodles into serving bowls. Ladle over hot broth and sprinkle with green shallots.
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
leftovers: Use the water chestnuts in stir-fries and Asian-style salads. Use the noodles in salads and Vietnamese spring rolls. Use the vegetable stock in soups.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste