- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 50g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 pontiac potatoes, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thin cream
- Step 1Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from corn cobs. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the corn, onion, potato, bacon and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 2Add the chicken stock and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soup thickens slightly and potato is tender. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Add the cream and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Ladle soup evenly among serving bowls. Top with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: