- 3/4 cup sago
- 2 cups Ayam coconut milk
- 6 passionfruit, halved (see tip)
- 65g palm sugar, grated
- 225g can pineapple pieces in juice, drained
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Step 1Place sago, coconut milk and 1 cup cold water in a heavy-based saucepan. Stand for 30 minutes to soak.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place passionfruit pulp and palm sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in pineapple. Cool completely.
- Step 3Heat sago mixture over medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until sago is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in caster sugar. Spoon sago mixture between four 1 cup-capacity glasses. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until slightly chilled.
- Step 4Spoon passionfruit mixture over sago mixture in glasses. Serve immediately.
- High fibre
- Low sodium
Tip: You’ll need 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas