Author Notes: A few years ago, some friends and I asked a co-worker, Mak Ganghurde, to come over give us a cooking class on Indian food. We each got to ask for one favorite and he threw in a few more. This is the one I’ve made the most since then. I’ve reduced the spice level a bit and changed the amounts of some of the rest, but I definitely still think of it as Mak’s. —Queen of Spoons
Makes: 2 cups0
Coconut Peanut ChutneyPrint Recipe
- 1.5 cups Coconut Flakes, Dried Un-sweetened
- 2 Whole Dried Red Chiles
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Blend the dry ingredients together in a food processor until very fine.
- Hand mix dry ingredients into bowl with yogurt and cilantro. (Technically cilantro is optional, but not when I make it!) Let sit for 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Check seasoning. Serve with pita chips or pieces, as dip. Use as chutney, accompaniment to meats.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip