- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 eggwhite
- 1 1/3 cups light coconut milk
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 x 125g pieces white fish fillets (see note)
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup curly parsley, chopped
- 100g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup 99% fat-free yoghurt
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Whisk in egg, eggwhite and coconut milk until smooth. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Whisk until combined.
- Step 2Heat a 22.5cm (base) non-stick crepe or frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray with oil. Pour 1/4 cup mixture into pan and swirl to thinly cover base. Cook for 1 minute or until light golden. Turn and cook for 30 seconds. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Step 3Meanwhile, preheat grill on medium-high heat. Cut fish fillets in half lengthways. Remove any bones. Place fish on a grill tray lined with foil. Combine butter and garlic. Spoon over fish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over parsley. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 4Place 1 pancake on workbench. Lay a few sprouts down the centre. Top with capsicum and 1 piece fish. Spoon over 2 teaspoons yoghurt. Roll up pancake. Repeat with remaining pancakes and filling. Cut rolls in half. Serve with lemon.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
We used royal basa fish fillets. Any white fish is suitable.
- Author: Kerrie Butler
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas