- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 150g beef rump steaks
- 1kg coliban potatoes or sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 25g butter, chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Steamed broccoli, to serve
- Baby carrots, to serve
- Step 1Combine wine, garlic, rosemary and oil in a ceramic dish. Season with salt and pepper. Add steak. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Boil, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potato until smooth. Add buttermilk and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Mash until combined. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Lightly spray a barbecue or chargrill pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Drain steak from marinade. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Serve steak with mash, steamed broccoli and carrots.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
For a creamier texture, push the mashed potato through a sieve using the back of a spoon.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas