- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 (120g) bocconcini cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 (75g) golden grape tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (see note)
- Step 1Layer vine-ripened tomatoes and bocconcini on a platter. Top with grape tomato and basil. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Budget tip: Use 75g red grape tomatoes instead of golden and save around $1.50 in total.
Serve with: Grilled veal steak, grilled white firm fish, or as a starter.
Extra-virgin olive oil is made from the first pressing of the olives, giving it an intense, full flavour. It’s perfect for salad dressings.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas