Author Notes: These crunchy little chips, dusted with a handful of sparkling cinnamon sugar, are sure to remind you more than a little of that childhood favourite, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Except that you made these. With four ingredients. In 15 minutes. Hurray!
A quick note on ingredients:
I used pitas that were roughly 12 inches wide – if yours are a different size, you may want to adjust the quantitites of oil and cinnamon sugar a bit. For medium (~8-inch) pitas, a total of 1.5 tbsp of oil, 3 tbsp of sugar, and 1 tbsp of cinnamon (about 3/4 tsp oil and 2 tsp mixture per round) should suffice! If you need to make more cinnamon sugar mixture, just use a ratio of 3 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon.
These are best made with thin, mild-flavoured pitas – they crisp up the best, and don’t overwhelm the cinnamon-sugar flavour. —foodhappy
Makes: roughy 8-9 cups
large pitas (whole wheat or white)
1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Using your fingers or a knife, gently split the edges of the pitas, and separate each pita into two rounds.
- Brush ~1 tsp of oil evenly over the coarse side of the round, then sprinkle 2-3 tsp of cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly overtop. Repeat for all rounds.
- Stack 3-4 rounds on top of one another, then cut into desired shapes using a pizza wheel or a sharp, flat-bladed knife (my preference!). Repeat for all remaining rounds.
- Place pita pieces on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes or until crisp and golden!
1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 3