- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 240g (1 cup) fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 185ml (3/4 cup) water
- 2 tablespoons currants
- Light olive oil spray
- Step 1Combine the milk and egg in a jug. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Gradually whisk in the milk mixture until smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine ricotta, cream, icing sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Use a zester, or a vegetable peeler and a sharp knife, to peel and cut the lemon rind into thin strips. Combine caster sugar, water and lemon rind in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in the currants. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 3Spray a 22cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Add 2-3 tablespoons batter and tilt the pan in a circular motion, swirling to cover base. Cook for 2 minutes or until edge curls. Turn and cook for 1-2 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with oil and remaining batter.
- Step 4Fold 1 crepe in half. Place one-quarter of ricotta mixture in centre of crepe. Fold crepe over to enclose filling. Place on a plate. Drizzle with the lemon syrup. Repeat with remaining crepes, ricotta mixture and lemon syrup.
- High protein
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cynthia Black
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste