Author Notes: Give a modern touch to your Christmas cookies this year with this tasty recipe. You may start a new tradition! This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/christmas-palm-cookies —Healthline
package of pastry puff (refrigerated, not frozen)
cup walnuts, chopped
cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a surface with a bit of flour to roll out the pastry. Roll out the pastry and cut it into a rectangle.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter over low heat in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally until you have a homogenous mixture. Remove from heat and add the chopped walnuts, stirring until well mixed.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto the dough, being sure to reach all of the edges. Roll up one of the long sides of the dough rectangle towards the center and then roll the other long side. Wet the area where the two rolls will touch to help stick them to each other. It should make a heart shape.
- Sprinkle the rolls with powdered sugar and carefully cut into thin slices (about 1/4inch) with a very sharp knife. Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until browned. Cool on a cooling rack before serving.
Photo by www.healthline.com