- 300g (3 1/2 cups) desiccated coconut
- 300g (2 cups) pure icing sugar, sifted
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 x 390g can sweetened condensed milk
- Red liquid food colouring
- Green liquid food colouring
- Step 1Line the base and sides of a 19cm (base measurement) square cake pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Step 2Combine coconut, sugar and cream of tartar in a bowl. Stir in condensed milk. Divide among 2 bowls. Add a few drops of red food colouring to 1 bowl and stir to combine. Press into the prepared pan. Stir a few drops of green food colouring into remaining portion. Press over the base. Smooth the surface. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
- Step 3Use the overhanging baking paper to lift the slice from the pan. Use a sharp knife to cut the slice into 32 pieces.
Make it ahead: Make this up to 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste