- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 2 (240g) mild chorizo, finely chopped
- 700g lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 5 (800g) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Combine onion mixture, chorizo, mince and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a plate.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-low heat. Cook meatballs, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 4Increase heat to medium. Add tomato and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return meatballs to pan. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has thickened. Top with parsley. Serve with bread.
Serves 6 as part of a banquet.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas