- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 red apple, cut into thin wedges
- 100g kale leaves or baby kale, thinly sliced
- 9 eggs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) reduced-fat milk
- Step 1Heat oil in non-stick ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until golden. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Transfer to bowl. Reserve oil in pan. Cook apple, turning, for 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to bowl. Add kale. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until wilted. Season.
- Step 2Preheat grill to high. Whisk eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Return 3/4 of chorizo mixture to pan and stir to combine. Pour over egg mixture. Shake pan to distribute evenly. Arrange apple and remaining chorizo mixture over top. Cook, shaking pan occasionally for 8 minutes or until almost set. Grill, rotating pan occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden and set. Cut into wedges.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons & Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste Magazine