- 2 corn cobs
- 400g can black turtle beans (see note) or red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (see note) or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 4 chorizo sausages, sliced on an angle
- 4 flour tortillas
- Sour cream, to serve
- Step 1Cook corn for 10 minutes in salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, cut off kernels and place in a bowl with beans, avocado, tomato and onion. Set aside.
- Step 2In a small bowl, combine cumin, lime zest and juice, vinegar and oil. Season, then toss the salad with the dressing.
- Step 3Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or non-stick frypan over high heat. Grill the chorizo slices for 1-2 minutes each side until crisp and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 4Meanwhile, warm the tortillas according to the packet instructions.
- Step 5Toss the chorizo and coriander with the salad, then serve with sour cream and warmed tortillas.
Sherry vinegar and black turtle beans are available from gourmet food shops and delis.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au