- 1 sheet (25cm) ready-rolled frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 100g semi-dried cherry tomatoes, drained
- 50g goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g baby mesclun salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Cut the pastry sheet into quarters. Line the bases and sides of four 8cm (base measurement) x 3cm fluted tart tins with removable bases with the pastry, allowing the sides to overhang. Place the tart tins on an oven tray and place in the fridge to rest.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a plate. Add a quarter of the zucchini to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and just tender. Transfer to the plate. Repeat in three more batches with the remaining zucchini.
- Step 3Arrange the zucchini, chorizo and cherry tomatoes evenly among the pastry cases. Sprinkle with goat’s cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed.
- Step 4Place the tartlets on serving dishes. Combine the vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over the tartlets. Serve immediately with salad leaves, if desired.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Notebook: