- 400g penne rigate
- 2 (200g) chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes with Italian herbs
- shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Salt, to season
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizos. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a bowl.
- Step 3Add capsicum and mushrooms to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened slightly. Return chorizos to frying pan. Add tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced and thickened slightly.
- Step 4Drain pasta and return to saucepan. Add chorizo mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with parmesan.
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Sun
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas