- 500g green garlic prawns (see note)
- 2 (125g each) chorizo sausages, sliced
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 40cm baguette bread, thickly sliced
- Step 1Preheat a lightly greased barbecue plate on medium-high. Cook prawn mixture, tossing, for 3 to 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Add chorizo to barbecue plate. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until crisp. Add chorizo to prawns. Juice half of 1 lemon. Cut remaining lemon into wedges. Add parsley, chives and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to prawn mixture. Toss to combine.
- Step 2Place prawn mixture on a platter. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with bread and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
We purchased our garlic prawns from the deli at Coles.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas