- 4 pita pockets
- 2 tablespoons tomato tapenade (see note)
- 125g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 60g (1/3 cup) bought roasted capsicum, drained, thinly sliced
- 100g baby bocconcini, drained, halved
- 40g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the pita pockets on a large baking tray. Spread with the tomato tapenade. Top with the chorizo, capsicum and bocconcini. Sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Step 2Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until the parmesan melts and the base is light brown and crisp.
- Step 3Top the pizzas with rocket and cut into wedges to serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
If tomato tapenade is unavailable, use tomato paste. Shopping tip: Look for tomato tapenade and bottled roasted capsicum, sometimes called fire-roasted peeled peppers, in the antipasto section at Woolworths, near the olives. Swap it: For a different flavour, swap the tomato tapenade for bought basil pesto and swap the chorizo sausage for coarsely chopped ham slices.
- Author: Cynthia Black
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste