- 1 sourdough baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced diagonally
- 200g fresh or frozen broad beans, skins removed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 50g soft feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
- Step 1Heat a char-grill on high. Use a serrated knife to cut the baguette into 1.5cm-thick slices. Brush each bread slice lightly with half the oil. Cook the bread slices on the char-grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Remove from heat. Rub the hot bread with the cut side of garlic. Set aside.
- Step 2Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Add the broad beans, vinegar and remaining oil and gently toss until well combined. Remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Spoon the chorizo mixture onto the toasted bread slices. Sprinkle the bruschetta with feta and mint leaves and serve immediately.
Serves 4 as a light meal.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: