- 2 x 200g packets Mint Slice biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 50g copha
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 180g dark chocolate, chopped
- 25g butter
- 180g white chocolate, chopped
- Green food colouring
- Step 1Grease an 18cm x 28cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing 3cm overhang on all sides.
- Step 2Process biscuits until finely chopped. Add butter. Process until just combined. Spread over base of prepared pan. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 3Make filling: Place icing sugar, copha and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until mixture is smooth and sugar has dissolved. Stir in essence. Using a spatula, spread mixture over prepared base. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Step 4Make topping: Place dark chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken. Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until smooth. Transfer half the white chocolate to a bowl. Tint 1 portion white chocolate green with food colouring. Spread dark chocolate mixture over filling. Spoon remaining white chocolate into a snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Pipe lines of chocolate, in a criss-cross pattern, over dark chocolate mixture. Repeat with green chocolate. Run a skewer through topping to create marbled effect.
- Step 5Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Cut into squares. Serve.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas