Author Notes: These decadent balls should be gluten free and vegan if you use 70% cocoa chocolate (but make sure you check all ingredients for gluten and dairy products). You could also use almond butter instead of peanut butter. —Jordan Rondel, The Caker
Makes: about 20
grams natural peanut butter
tablespoon coconut oil
tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
cups rice puffs
grams 70% chocolate chips
grams 70% dark chocolate (for the topping)
flaky sea salt to garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, peanut butter and coconut oil. Once warm, add cocoa powder and stir to mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter mixture with rice puffs and stir to mix. Add chocolate chips and mix again (they should melt down). Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes to firm.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use a spoon to help shape balls – about 2 tablespoons each. Place on tray and chill for 45 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. When balls are firm, drizzle chocolate over and sprinkle with flaky sea salt
- Chill again for 15 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Photo by Emma Boyd
Leave a Reply