- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gelatine powder
- Fresh strawberries, washed, halved, to serve
- 1/2 cup (125ml) espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- Step 1Grease 8 x 1/2-cup (125ml) capacity dariole moulds. Combine the cream, milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Step 2Place 1 tbs boiling water and the gelatine powder in a small bowl. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Add to the warm chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Set aside to cool slightly. Divide evenly among the prepared moulds. Place on a baking tray and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or until set.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to make the syrup, combine the coffee, sugar, and vanilla seeds and bean in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins or until syrup thickens. Set aside to cool completely. Strain and discard vanilla bean.
- Step 4Turn panna cottas out onto serving plates. Drizzle with espresso syrup and serve with strawberries.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles