Author Notes: I love this recipe. It is a wonderful marriage of decadent chocolate and great texture. Believe it or not they are gluten free, an added plus for those with celiacs. Coconut flour can be purchased from Bob’s Red Mill. It is naturally high in protein. Any nut flour works equally as well. —flavoristabarr
Serves: 2 dozen
ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
eggs, large at room temperature
cup coconut flour
teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over barely simmering water and allow to cool.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and begin to beat on medium high while adding the sugar. It will take over 4 minutes for the egg and sugar mixture to get really thick and pale yellow. When you remove the beaters the eggs should drop like a beautiful thick ribbon.
- Add the “flour”, baking powder, salt, vanilla and blend to incorporate. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and let the batter rest for 5 minutes while you gather the rest of your equipment.
- Place parchment on 2 cookie sheets and fill your pastry bag or zip lock. I find it easier to have the bag in a tall container so that I can use 2 hands to fill it. Push batter down and if using a zip lock, cut a small hole one corner. Pipe the batter onto the cookie sheets. They don’t have to be more that 2 inches a part
- Bake in the center of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly before removing from sheet.