- 250g dark cooking chocolate
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon finely grated mandarin rind (about 1 mandarin)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) mandarin juice
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 200ml thickened cream
- Extra thickened cream & mandarin segments, to serve
- Step 1Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Step 2Transfer the melted chocolate to a bowl. Add the yolks, mandarin rind and juice and mix until well combined.
- Step 3Use electric beaters or a balloon whisk to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat until thick. Using a large metal spoon, fold a spoonful of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Fold remaining whites though until combined.
- Step 4Use electric beaters or a balloon whisk to beat the cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture just until evenly combined. Divide between six 3/4 cup (180ml) dishes. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until firm. To serve, beat the extra cream until soft peaks from. Top each mousse with a dollop of cream and mandarin segments.
- High protein
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Gemma Purcell
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Fresh Living