- 340g (2 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) caster sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) light olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1 cup NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Milk Choc Melts
- 100g dark or milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a 7cm-deep, 10 x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Step 2Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add oil, egg and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Stir in mashed banana until just combined.
- Step 3Melt 1 cup milk chocolate melts following packet directions, then stir into the banana bread mixture. Pour into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Top with 100g coarsely chopped dark or milk chocolate. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste