- 5 tablespoons (100ml) olive oil
- 8 small chipolata sausages
- 2 red onions, halved and finely sliced
- 4 large gourmet tomatoes (about 800g), chopped
- 1 cup (125ml) white wine
- 500g pkt angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 1 x 80g pkt baby rocket
- 1 cup shaved fresh parmesan cheese
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a fry pan and cook sausages for 10 mins, turning regularly until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towel and slice into rounds.
- Step 2Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in same pan over a moderate heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally for 10 mins or until soft.
- Step 3Add tomatoes and wine to pan and cook for 15 mins or until thick. Add sliced sausages and simmer for another 5 mins. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Step 4Cook pasta according to packet directions, drain and serve with the sausage sauce. Toss baby rocket and parmesan together with remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and serve with the pasta.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Fresh Living