- 1 x 26cm frozen regular crust pizza base (McCain brand)
- 1 x 140g ctn garlic & herbs tomato paste (Leggo's brand)
- 1 x 500g pkt extra-lean beef chipolata sausages (Peppercorn brand), cut crossways into 1cm-thick slices
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 120g (1 cup) light shredded mozzarella (Mil Lel brand)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bunch rocket leaves, trimmed, washed, dried
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Kids’ task: Place pizza base on prepared tray. Spread the tomato paste evenly over the pizza base, leaving a 2cm border around the edge. Top with sausage and basil leaves. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with oil.
- Step 2Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until the sausage is cooked and pizza base is crisp. Remove from oven. Cut into wedges and top with rocket leaves. Serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Leftovers: Use the tomato paste and basil in pasta sauces. Use the mozzarella in lasagne or pasta bakes.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Australian Good Taste