- 450g pkt hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 400g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chilli jam or paste
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 100g toasted cashews
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- Step 1Place the noodles in a heatpoof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over high heat until smoking. Add one-quarter of the pork, onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until lightly brown. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining pork, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Step 3Add the capsicum to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until almost tender. Add the pork mixture, noodles, bok choy, chilli jam, sherry, soy sauce and cashews and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until heated though. Remove from heat. Add the basil and toss to combine.
- Step 4Divide mixture evenly among serving bowls. Serve immediately.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: