- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg lean beef mince
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 35g pkt chilli seasoning
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the mince, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 4 minutes or until well browned.
- Step 2Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add the seasoning, tomato, beans and tomato paste. Cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Step 3Divide the rice and mince mixture among serving bowls. Top with coriander leaves and serve with sour cream.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
For the kids: Replace the chilli seasoning with taco seasoning. Add drained canned corn kernels and grated carrot with the seasoning.
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste