- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 500g beef mince
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 x 420g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, chopped
- Light sour cream, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Step 2Add the cumin, paprika and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Step 3Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 3 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add the tomato, tomato paste and beans. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Step 4Divide the beef mixture among the tortillas and fold to enclose filling. Divide among serving plates. Top with the avocado. Serve with sour cream.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Time saving tip: To make this even quicker, swap the spices for 2 tsp Mexican spice mix.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste