- 400g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or
- 35g pkt taco seasoning
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 x 15cm-diameter flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated cheddar cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stoned, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Sour cream, to serve
- Step 1Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour. Add paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until combined. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until combined and thickened slightly. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 120°C. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add a tortilla and spoon over one-quarter of the mince mixture. Sprinkle with one-quarter of the cheese and top with a tortilla. Use a spatula to press tortilla down. Cook for 1 minute or until golden. Turn quesadilla over and cook for a further 1 minute or until golden. Transfer to an oven tray and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil, tortillas, mince and cheese.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine the avocado and coriander leaves in a small bowl. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Place on serving plates, dollop with sour cream and top with avocado mixture. Serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Scott Hawkins
- Publication: Notebook: