- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed, coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 100g organic corn chips
- 50g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated reduced-fat pizza cheese
- 130g (1/2 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
- Thinly sliced spring onions (shallots), to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook onion and zucchini, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the chilli powder for 1 minute. Stir in the beans and tomato. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Use a fork to lightly mash the beans.
- Step 2Preheat grill on high. Divide bean mixture among four 350ml baking dishes. Arrange corn chips around the edge of each dish and sprinkle with cheese. Cook under grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Step 3Top with the yoghurt and sprinkle with the spring onion and coriander.
- High fibre
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste