- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150g Swiss brown button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch snake beans, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli (gai lum) or choy sum, trimmed, stems chopped, leaves separated
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 quantity Sweet chilli and lime stir-fry sauce (see notes)
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Place cashews in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Wipe wok clean with paper towel.
- Step 2Heat wok over high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add green onions, garlic, mushrooms, snake beans, broccoli stems and chillies. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Step 3Add sauce. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until vegetables are just tender. Uncover, add broccoli leaves and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until leaves wilt. Sprinkle over cashews and stir to combine. Spoon over rice and serve.
To make sweet chilli and lime stir-fry sauce: Place 100ml sweet chilli sauce, 2 tablespoons lime juice and fish sauce in a jug. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas