- 1 cup Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Roasted red onion (see related recipe)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 cup red capsicum, roasted
- 1 cup carrot, roasted
- 1 cup zucchini, roasted
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 150g fetta cheese, cut into 1cm cubes
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- Salt, to season
- Step 1Place stock and 1/2 cup cold water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add couscous. Stir. Cover, set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork to separate grains. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add garlic and seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add capsicum, carrot, zucchini and chickpeas. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 3Add couscous to pan with fetta, lemon rind and coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Toss to combine. Serve couscous topped with flaked almonds.
Serve this delicious dish as a side at a barbecue with lamb chops or skewers.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas