- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 x 420g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tomato, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- Step 1Combine the flour and seasoning in a shallow bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook half the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Step 3Combine the cannellini beans, tomato, cucumber, coriander, lemon juice and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl. Divide the bean mixture and chicken among serving plates.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Swap it: For a change, swap the cannellini beans for canned red kidney beans.
With a twist: Cajun chicken salad Replace the all-purpose seasoning with Cajun spice mix. Replace the cannellini beans with drained canned corn kernels. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste