- 250g frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 (about 200g each) chicken breast fillets
- 100g walnut halves, toasted
- 100g soft blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 50g watercress
- 1 nashi, halved, thinly sliced
- Step 1Use your hands to squeeze out as much excess liquid from the spinach as possible. Place in a small bowl. Use a small, sharp knife to cut a small pocket in the side of each chicken breast (do not cut all the way through). Coarsely chop one-quarter of the walnuts. Place the spinach, chopped walnuts and one-quarter of the blue cheese in each pocket. Use a toothpick to enclose and secure filling.
- Step 2Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and just cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Cover with foil; set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place the walnut oil, vinegar and mustard in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Combine the rocket, watercress, nashi, remaining walnuts and blue cheese in a bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Gently toss to combine. Place the salad evenly among serving plates. Serve immediately with the chicken.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
Always squeeze excess water from defrosted spinach before cooking.
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Notebook: