- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 bunch rosemary, cut into 2cm sprigs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 150g Greek-style feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place a wire rack over tray (see note). Cut three 1cm-deep, 2.5cm-long slits into each drumstick.
- Step 2Insert 1 rosemary sprig into each slit. Combine oil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush over chicken. Place drumsticks on rack. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is golden and juices run clear when thickest part is pierced with a skewer.
- Step 3Make Greek salad: Meanwhile, place tomatoes, cucumbers and olives in a bowl. Add oregano, oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add feta. Toss to coat.
- Step 4Serve rosemary and garlic drumsticks with Greek salad.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Roasting drumsticks: Drumsticks are best roasted on a lightly greased roasting rack over a lined baking tray. This allows excess fat and/or marinade to drain during roasting, which in turn produces a crisper, healthier and more nutritious meal. Tip: A Greek salad is best dressed with the oil and lemon juice just before serving.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas