- Olive oil spray
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chilli
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons salted baby capers, rinsed, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 (about 250g each) chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- Steamed green round beans, to serve
- Step 1Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat. Spray with olive oil spray to grease. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Step 2Add the tomato. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cannellini beans and capers, and simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Season with pepper. Stir in half the parsley.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 4Divide the chicken among serving plates. Top with the cannellini bean mixture and remaining parsley. Serve with steamed green beans.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Shopping tip: Look for a jar of crushed red chilli (also known as chopped fresh chilli) in the herb and spice aisle at Woolworths.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste